Can you suggest some efficiency upgrades that can help lower energy bills?26 January 2023
In today’s tight economy, every penny counts. And while upgrading your facilities and machinery to become more energy-efficient may involve some expense up front, our energy gurus will be the first to tell you those investments will yield huge savings in the long run. Read on to find out what they suggested are some effective ways for you to cut consumption:
Energy recovery ventilator, smart thermostat, and solar panels
It is important to first be tracking and reviewing energy use. Collect your monthly utility bills and track the total amount of energy used per month so you can see when use increases and decreases. An important point to all things related to sustainability is that you cannot manage what you don’t measure!
A few other tips that can be effective in lowering energy bills are:
1. LED Lighting: Replace conventional bulbs with energy-efficient LED lights to save on electricity costs.
2. Insulation: Improve home insulation to reduce heating and cooling expenses.
3. Energy recovery ventilator (ERV): Install ERVs. They work by exchanging stale indoor air with fresh outdoor air while retaining the energy used to heat or cool the indoor air, thereby reducing the load on your HVAC system.
4. Smart Thermostat: Use a programmable thermostat to optimize temperature settings and reduce energy consumption.
5. Solar Panels: Install solar panels to generate clean, renewable energy and lower utility bills.
This is a crowdsourced article. Contributors’ statements do not necessarily reflect the opinion of this website, other people, businesses, or other contributors.
Others articles you might like
As a business leader, you likely feel energized by discussions about expanding your business or finding ways to target new customers. Sittin...21 September 2023
For most businesses, energy costs comprise a significant portion of their budget. Yet too many business leaders fail to create an energy bud...4 July 2023
There is safety and power in numbers. Your business's energy procurement is no exception to that rule. When several companies come together ...6 June 2023